APC Forum

how do i prime kinder eggs

pyroman321

Kinder eggs? :lol:

Kinder eggs are easter eggs. What am I not getting here? I'm sure there is no comp with that name.

Edited by Chris

This is about the 3th forum you're asking about kinder eggs stars, how stupid can you be?

They already explained you they aren't stars, just a type of improviced shell

lmao, it doesen't sound like you are ready for a 4" shell yet....

Although I would say they need a good prime with all that al in there, maby a silicon prime??

lmao, it doesen't sound like you are ready for a 4" shell yet....

Although I would say they need a good prime with all that al in there, maby a silicon prime??

lmao, doesn't sound like you are ready for a 4 " shell first of ive been makeing shells for a wile i first started with 2" shells made heaps of them than pushed it up a notch to 3" they worked well

than went to 3.5" also worked well so how can i not be ready for a 4 " shell my question was how to prime them step prime or what?

Kinder eggs? :lol:

Kinder eggs are easter eggs. What am I not getting here? I'm sure there is no comp with that name.

you must not know mutch about pyro if you have never heard of the name kinder eggs www.pyroguide.com than go to compositions than click kinder eggs there name is kinder eggs

so ha i have prooved you wrong

Anyone could have post "kinder-eggs", but it really refers to te egg-shaped device used as hemi's. In the video, also found in the same article you can clearly read that the composition used(see for yourself at 0:16) is silver-falls.

The prime you could use is probably a meal-based prime with additional metalpowder for extra heating up your star.

I'm moving this, but I have more to say on this topic, but I must run at the moment.

Just because someone posted something at Pyroguide, does not make it true. The more I read that site, the more stuff I find wrong with it. It's about as reliable as citing wikipedia on research papers.

Just because someone posted something at Pyroguide, does not make it true. The more I read that site, the more stuff I find wrong with it. It's about as reliable as citing wikipedia on research papers.

I kind of feel the same way...HOWEVER eventually, Wiki will "edit" itself correct, theroretically. In pyro, however- mis-information MAY be alot more dangerous than a low grade. Heed the words, folks. Think about it.

I agree on this. Pyroguide is a nice concept, but considering the hazardous nature of the content, I'm affraid that a freely edited Wiki -type of service does not serve the purpose of a safe hobby.

Agreed. There are some things for which misinformation is FAR worse than no information, pyrotechnics being one of them.

Would you trust a Wiki dedicated to at-home brain surgery? Of course not, and that's intuitive to all but those as dumb as a box of turnips.

But back on topic: I'd be careful with that formula. Nitrate-Aluminum mixes can be a problem. Search the forum and you should find all you need to know.

And wait for Mumbles to chime back in. I'm sure he'll have some relevant observations.

Well, I was planning something less in the relevant realm, and more in the flaming realm.

Pyroman, stop being a fucking jerk off. No one is going to help you if you just act like an ass all the time. You've given nothing useful to this forum, so you certainly don't have any good deed buffer to handle your poor attitude. I saw the original post, and there was no mention of a formula what so ever. Just "how do I prime kinder eggs". Now the other language forums may have different popular formulas, but this is the first I have ever heard of kinder eggs as a formula, and you can hardly consider me a newb to this.

Every instance of kinder eggs I have heard of involved a plastic easter egg type of thing as a shell casing. I'd almost be willing to bet money that someone made a kinder egg shell, out of said plastic casings, using an aluminum streamer composition. Some moron, probably not too unlike yourself, thought that kinder eggs was the name of the formula, and thus up it went on pyroguide.

There are many variations of that formula given around. Very similar to ones given by Shimizu, Lancaster, and Hardt. There is another thread here called "silver cascade, modified" in the comp section that is also fairly similar with some of the Al replaced by Mg.

Long story short, you need a hot prime.

• 3 weeks later...
yes well maybe i wouldent have to be a fucking jerk off if people answered my question instead of spaming other shit i dont need to know lil hahaha kinders eggs are easter eggs what am i not getting here and all that other shit you could have simply said to yourself he is wrong bla bla bla. and simply just say you need a good hot prime omg

Wow. That was, um, impressive. I suggest you:

1) Lay off the crack. Enough is enough.

2) Read your posts before posting them. If it's not useful information or doesn't contribute, then it's really just wasting space. For every post I make, I choose to discard 3 or 4 as not helpful or not relevant.

3) Don't shit on people who are trying to help you. It's bad form, to say the least, and it's not going to make you any friends.

• 4 weeks later...
Apart from all that, and apart from the fact that this composition is a waterfall composition, I'd use a step priming. So first layer 66/33 composition/meal, second layer 33/66 composition/meal, and final layer pure meal. This worked well for me.